Monday, March 24, 2014

Online Lenten Retreat - Post #9 of 16

"On a Pilgrimage" - 2014 Online Lenten Retreat

This is Post #9 of 16. To participate in the retreat, read the meditations & questions provided. Then follow the link to the attached article. Participate at your own pace. Read one meditatio...n a day or set aside a block of time to go through all the stations at once. Your discussion in the comments section below is welcome!

STATION 8:

JESUS CONSOLES THE WOMEN - CONSOLATION

A large crowd of people followed Jesus, including many women who mourned and lamented him. Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children.” ~ Luke 23:27-28

Jesus asks: “Can you lean on me and find your consolation in me?”

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto me and rest. Lay down, O weary one, lay down your head upon my breast.” I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn, and sad. I found in him a resting place, and he has made me glad.

Read the story of Saye-Maye Cole.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/syrias-children/child-war-survivor-syrias-children-dont-give-n51161

How did Saye-Maye find consolation?
When have you looked for consolation? How did you find it?
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment