Monday, April 14, 2014

Daily Scripture Reflection - April 12


April 11

                Jeremiah 20:10-13

                John 10:31-42

 

The time is getting near. In just 2 days we will celebrate Jesus’ triumphant entrance into Jerusalem and in just a week from today we remember his crucifixion. Jeremiah was struggling with his lot in life. A prophet’s life is not an easy one. Many are waiting for a slip up, any excuse to denounce him. Didn’t Jesus go through the same experiences? Questions were posed to him not always in a search for truth but as a means to trap him. Earlier in John chapter 10 they ask Jesus to tell them plainly that he is the Messiah. Jesus says, “I have told you and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me”. Later within the gospel he says, “If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works.” It was so hard for many to believe. Jesus knew that he was not what they had hoped for in a Messiah, but he continued on, even though that journey would bring him to the cross. Jesus didn’t fail because people turned against him. His message of love was so radical, so hard to follow that he needed to be silenced. His message is still radical, still hard to follow, but we try.

And our journey will have times of great trial also. There is a cross in all of our lives. But there is resurrection also.

 Patty Larger

No comments:

Post a Comment