Thursday, April 10, 2014

Daily Scripture Reflection - April 10


April 10

Genesis 17:3-9

John 8:51-59

“Before Abraham came to be, I AM.”

When Jesus announced these words to the Jewish people of his time, they were outraged.  How dare he put himself before God! What was he thinking!

Some two thousand years later of teaching and revelation, we have an edge in understand Jesus’ claim.  So who is this “I AM”?

 I AM your shepherd.  I lead you and direct you in the way you should go.   I am your strength. I have redeemed you and you are mine.

I AM love.  I know you, love you, and am always present with you. I hear every prayer and every word you whisper. 

I AM the almighty God, the everlasting Father, the One who was and is and is to come.

I AM Jesus, your Redeemer and Brother.

  • By Deacon John Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment